- Mittino organic carnaroli rice (35.5 oz/pack). Brick shaped vaccum pack enclosed in stylish outer box with see-through window. Organically grown in Italy.
- ORGANIC, RETAINED FRESHNESS: Organic, healthy, with excellent nutritional and digestible properties. No preservatives or additives, NO GMO. Vaccum pack allows to preserve freshness and nutrients while protecting from outer agents.
- IDEAL FOR REFINED RISOTTO AND SPECIAL DISHES: High starch content results in a uniquely creamy texture typical of the best Italian risottos and allows to keep the shape while absorbing flavors well and resisting over-cooking. Always al dente (cooking time 18-20 minutes). May be used in many other dishes, such as flans, timbales, arancini, rice salads and croquettes. Easily combined with fish and meats and a variety of ingredients.
- SOPHISTICATED FEEL: Mittino carnaroli rice stands out for its elongated shape which gives a more elegant look best suited to delicate, gourmet, sophisticated dishes as risotto “al tartufo” (with truffle) or “al Barolo”.
- AUTHENTIC from NORTHERN ITALY: Mittino also known as “Riseria d’Italia” (the Rice mill of Italy) was founded in 1901 in Novara, an area in Northern Italy renowned for its secular tradition in cultivation of high quality rice. With over a hundred years history in rice farming Mittino has established a reputation of excellence, chosen by chefs throughout Italy.
Carnaroli rice is considered to be the best of all the Italian varieties of rice, often called “the king of Italian rice”. The reason is the consistency of the kernels. Carnaroli kernels are the longest and thickest of the superfine rice. Also, they have a very high starch content and strong resistance to cooking. All these characteristics make carnaroli ideal for superior risottos and special dishes. In fact, it tends to be used in the top restaurants and chosen by chefs all over Italy and the world. Mittino Carnaroli rice is organically grown. Mittino, also known as Riseria d’Italia (The Italian Rice Mill), is amongst the most renewed and oldest rice mills in Italy. Its tradition goes back over a century. Established in 1901 in Piemonte, an area in Northern Italy with secular tradition in cultivation of rice. Italy is the leading European manufacturer of rice.
Ingredients: organically grown carnaroli rice
35.5 oz vaccum sealed pack (1 kg)